Driver Friendly DOT Physical Exam in Weyauwega WI
Department of Transportation physicals are never fun, but when you choose the right examiner to perform your physical, you'll have a stress-free exam from a practitioner who truly cares about your well-being.
At Raschke Chiropractic Center, the needs of the patient are always put first, so if you're looking for a DOT physical in Weyauwega, you’ve come to the right place. Not only will you get a thorough exam from a certified examiner, but you'll also learn how to make healthier choices for a more balanced life.
- DOT driver exams: As part of our dedication to comprehensive patient care, Raschke Chiropractic Center offers DOT exams for commercial driver’s licenses and physicals for drivers who don’t require a CDL but who haul enough weight to require a DOT exam.
- DOT drug and alcohol testing: A basic DOT exam does not include drug and alcohol testing, but it can be performed at the same time as your regular exam if it’s required by your company. Drug and alcohol testing requires a separate test and is not included in the cost of a basic DOT exam.
- Pain management: We’ve seen lots of repetitive strain injuries in the drivers that have come through our clinic. On top of DOT exams for drivers, we also offer regular chiropractic services to help relieve pain in your back, neck, shoulders, hips, and legs.
- Appointments: Please schedule an appointment to guarantee availability at a specific time.
Meet the Doctor
Dr. Raschke is a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration certified medical examiner. Dr. Raschke and his experienced staff have been working with and examining drivers for years and understand how important it is that you pass your test. They also know how improved lifestyle choices and healthier habits can protect your livelihood; the doctor will be glad to discuss these options with you during your exam.
What to Bring and Expect During Your DOT Exam
- Drivers with vision or hearing problems must bring their eyeglasses, contacts or hearing aids
- Drivers with diabetes must bring their most recent lab results from their Hemoglobin A1C (HgA1C) and their sugar logs
- Drivers with heart related issues must, at minimum, bring a letter from their cardiologist that outlines their medical history and current medication, and indicates they are safe to work.
- Drivers with sleep apnea must bring their most recent sleep report and associated documentation from their physician’s office.
- Drivers are required to have at least 20/40 acuity in each eye with or without correction. They are also required to have at least 70” peripheral in the horizontal meridian, measured in each eye.
- Drivers must be able to perceive what is known as a “forced whisper”. This must be done in at least one ear, at a distance of 5ft or less and with or without a hearing aid. This standard equates to an average hearing loss in the better ear of less than 40dB.
BLOOD PRESSURE/PULSE RATE:
- The medical examiner will check the driver’s blood pressure and pulse to look for high blood pressure and irregular heartbeats.
- A urinalysis is required. The test looks for indications of underlying medical conditions such as diabetes.
A FULL PHYSICAL EXAMINATION:
- The physical exam will cover a dozen of different categories.
Preparing for Your Physical
A DOT physical at Raschke Chiropractic Center costs $105 and only takes about 40 minutes. We accept cash, all major credit cards, and company checks. To prepare for the exam, compile all your medical records, put together a list of any medical conditions you’ve been diagnosed with, prepare a list of medications and the name of the prescribing doctor, and take note of any medical devices that you require.
On the day of the exam, you'll have to bring all of this with you. Here's a checklist of things you should bring (where applicable):
- Photo identification
- Medical records
- List of medications, including strength and dosage, for both prescription and over-the counter drugs
- Eye glasses
- Hearing aids
- Copy of your most recent stress test (for heart conditions)
- Copy of your latest sleep test result (for sleep apnea)
- Contact information, including names, phone numbers, and fax numbers for all your doctors
Right before your exam: Make sure you drink a glass of water and come in with a full bladder, as you will have to provide a urine sample.
Tips on Managing Your Blood Pressure
We understand that many people do not like doctors, hospitals, and medical exams and that the anticipation of your appointment may elevate your blood pressure. We work with drivers all day, and understand how important it is for you to pass your DOT exam. To help prepare yourself for the appointment, here are things you can do in the days and weeks leading up to your exam:
- Take your medication every day as prescribed and on schedule
- If you forget a dose, take it as soon as possible if that’s what your doctor recommends
- Tell our team if you’ve recently missed a dose so that he can recheck your pressure later on or the following day
- Reduce your caffeine, nicotine, sugar, and salt consumption
- Remember that you won’t actually find a single white coat in our clinic!
Hours and Location
Raschke Chiropractic Center is located at:
N1992 County Road F
Weyauwega, WI 54983
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Feel free to drop by Raschke Chiropractic Center any time during office hours for a walk-in DOT exam. If you're on a tight schedule and want to make sure there's a spot open, call (920) 867-2451 in advance to book an appointment for a DOT physical, a drug and alcohol test, or a regular adjustment.